Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Resume Killers

What stops the Recruiter from reading your resume? Here's the top reasons they toss you in the "No Thank You" pile. 


Not Capitalizing Your Name
     I've seen this too many times. Name in all lower case, first name capitalized and last name lower case. I really need people who can at least write their name correctly. This shows lack of basic skill or just a total disregard for the job. If you really wanted it, you'd actually read what you wrote before sending it to me.

Grammar or Spelling Mistakes
     Come on! We all have spell check today. There's no reason for this except that you threw something together quickly and didn't care. I need people who won't embarrass us in front of our customers. I want people who know the little things count.

No Company Name
    You say you were an administrative assistant from January 2015 to July 2017 but don't give a name of the company where you worked. So, I'm thinking either you didn't really have a job, or there's a reason you don't want me to know where you worked.

Job Hopping
     If you were only at each job two months at a time a red flag goes up. Why were you moving around so much? Were you fired or do you repeatedly quit? Either way I'm done.  If you were working for a temp agency, put that down. Let me know the reason you had to move so often. If the reason is good, I'll understand.

Keep these things in mind and go update that resume. The jobs are out there. Your resume is the first thing companies see so make it a good one. Sell your skills and experience.
Good luck in that job search!


No comments:

Post a Comment