Now be prepared.
When the recruiter gets your resume they check it over and if it's a possible match for the position it goes into the "call" pile.
Be prepared for that phone call, it can come at any time. The recruiter is going to ask questions;
- Are you working now?
- What do you do in your job? (Be specific, no generalities. Don't say, I have years of experience, they see that on your resume. Give them what you do on a daily/weekly basis)
- Why do you want a new job?
- Why do you want this job?
- What do you know about our company. (Do your homework, everyone has a website so there's no excuses not to know about the company.)
- Be prepared to explain any gaps in your employment. Be honest without being negative.
The phone interview is how recruiters clear out the unqualified. Sure, your resume may look great on paper, but if you can't talk about these 6 basic things, they are moving on. The next guy might have better answers. Be professional, be calm, be AWESOME!